Tuesday, January 19, 2010

ALSR Conference

To observe the deadline for submitting the paper, I have taken a week off from 18th Jan to 22nd Jan. As it coincides with school holiday in WA, I mainly stayed home to do a bit of reading and most of the times doing a few things with my only kid. By late afternoon, aftter I had done my chores, my husband took over the responsibility to look after the little one and I went back to Library to continue with my reading and writing journey.

Too much distraction at home, this includes the opening week of Australian Open.

The weather this week was shockingly hot. We had three consecutive days of over 42 degrees.

Before the x'mas break I used the BONUS and the Document Delivery services to get a nubmer of books as I need to learn more about the background knowledge of 23 Things or Web 2.0 or Library 2.0. And each day I detailed some key points of what I learnt from the books and then checked on references as to read more online open access or journals subscribed by Murdoch.

It is the fifth day since I have started to prepare for the paper. Today I went back to my orginal blog to see what I wrote in 2007 and what I could extract to be put into the conference paper and thought I should detail a few lines to provide an account of this journey of writing up the very conference paper.

Two days altogether I managed to put together around 1500 words.

No comments:

England Trip 29th June to 14th July 2022

Marina and I also  visited UK after the trip to Italy, pictures compiled captured our wonderful moments spent with our family and friends, e...