Friday, October 26, 2007

Try again with shared doc.


Background for today:
I had been a taxi driver, driving my husband back and forth to the hospital, medical centre as he has been diagnosed with a kidney stone. Pain apparently is excruciating for him as he kept on mubbling that he had never had such pain before. I therefore need to stay at home again to see if the taxi service is required if his pain gets worse. Hence the thing 8-10 is done at home

Goodness me! Another Friday, this week I think I spent at least TEN hours.
1. Getting the 'shared doc' to work properly
a. Internet explorer at home has got no problem in pasting a spreadsheet
b. No firefox at home, successfully download it from the Internet
c. Re-do the shared doc again this time to insert a spreadsheet, compare
Relatives Contacts and old version

2. As with blogging, I notice that the spanner is not shown at all today and instead I found that I can click on the B icon and then select Posts for editing. Also, the option of dashboard only appears if you click on 'new post' in the first instance

3. As for PBwiki, this is a waste of time, almost one hour still could not get the pbwiki set up, keep on saying that I have to re-create the link again. Numerous emails sent to my inbox with all different links but not working. But i have been inspired that i would use it (as it is password protected) to fulfill one of my dream plan of having all of the relatives contacts (addresses, telephone and email) all included this would catch up with a few relatives that i have lost contact with. Hopefully i can also uploaded their photos together.

4. Move onto to have a look of social bookmarking, by doing a search on library2.0, the following results shows and make me realise that tagging is like a container of websites which is more meaninful and useful and less time consuming

Search for library2.0 Results
ddel.icio.us 502 tagged
Connotea 198 tagged
Citeulike 0 tagged
murdoch library catalogue (subject) 0 taxonomy
dogpile 63 keywords
kartoo 1040000 keywords
zuula (goggle) 1888000 keywords
zuula (yahoo) 971,000 keywords

i think i need to quite, my neck is hurting and my shoulder start to get very strain and tired. The photo shows the setting where i work at home.

one thing it starts to crop into my mind is the differences between the use of blog and wiki, would password protected be the main difference??

No comments:

Trip to Italy June 20th -29th 2022

We waited for more than two years before we could embark on a trip that we had planned in 2020 to celebrate Marina's completion of secon...