Saturday, March 6, 2010

Getting closer and closer - ALSR

Finished cooking 12 meals for my family.
Done the shopping for my mum.
For the presentation, still working on them. VPN to work PC is far too slow.
Decided to work on the slides without screen captures at home and go back to work to get a few more screen shots done
Our library system officer, only a very young girl recently graduated with an IT degree. she helped me to convert fls file from Viddler to wmf file. Then use the window movie maker to edit the clips that I want to be inputted into the powerpoint presentation.
I don't want the presentation to be bored with words as people can read the paper, the key point is they are willing to sacrifice the other session to come to mine so I need to make sure when they leave the session, they could bring something along with them.
I would openly ask to see if there are participants blogging for the conference and how many participants have their blogs or personal webpage etc.
I would ask what they expect from the presentation and note down on their mind and towards the end to see if the presentation fulfil their expectation, if not, I would like to know.
Up to this very moment, I know my family is still wondering why I am doing this, as this has taken such a lot of my time and also the family time, however I feel it is more of a professional development for myself and by the end of the day, I am the one who benefit the most.

No comments:

Trip to Italy June 20th -29th 2022

We waited for more than two years before we could embark on a trip that we had planned in 2020 to celebrate Marina's completion of secon...