Monday, October 6, 2014

Marina Jiangnan 2011

When the plane landed at China, I was very excited to get to the hotel (Jin Jiang Oriental Hotel). when we got there, the first thing we did was go swimming. We expected that every day we could go swimming but the rest of the day we got back at ten and by the time we go to sleep its 11 and the morning call is at 6; luggage at door by 7 , leave at 8 in the morning.

The second day I had a pastry croissant, pan cake.
Day 2- Shanghai


external image RIMG0641.JPG

First thing we did was go to Shanghai Museum. The first floor has bronze, stone sculpture. Second floor ceramics; third floor seals, painting and calligraphy.; 4th floor jade, furniture and coins. The things that I liked most is the animals sculpture.


external image RIMG0657.JPG

The next place we went to is a shopping area. I met a girl called Holly and she was in my same group. She is 11 years old.


external image RIMG0659.JPG


We went to a garden called the Lingering Garden, I liked th garden because it is beautiful.

external image RIMG0668.JPG
external image RIMG0673.JPG


Next we went to another shopping area in the city. I bought a book that teachs how to draw animals. I bought Macdonals for dinner because the food arragned by the tour may not agree with me.


external image RIMG0682.JPG

At 6 o'clock we went on a boat and thre was girl singing some traditional songs .


external image RIMG0685.JPG


external image RIMG0687.JPG


We had dinner at eight. By the time we got to the hotel it was 9pm. So when I went to bed, it was 11. This hotel in Suzhou would be one of the better one among all the others (Jinling Guanyuan International Hotel)


external image RIMG0693.JPG
 
 
Day 3 Suzhou - Wuxi
We went to a silkworm factory. There were 3 jobs to do before you can turn it in the sheets, clothes, dresses, scarfs, handkerchief and underwear. Only when I saw the demonstration of what have to do. I was amased of how strong and stretchy silk was. Once a cocoon is washed and dried there was a table of 4 people stand on each side; I person picks up a piece of silk hold it out in front of her while the others grab it and they all pull for 1 layer of silk for a sheet.

external image CIMG0415.JPG


external image CIMG0419.JPG

external image CIMG0420.JPG
After lunch, we went to a temple , to enter we had to wear covers for our shoes. We would look like elves if we had them on our ears too. I like temple because it was nicely built.

external image RIMG0698.JPG

external image RIMG0707.JPG


external image RIMG0706.JPG
After we went to see a Buddha statute,they said if you touch the foot or hand, it will give you good health and happiness. I went all the way up with no problem but my mum was puffing a little.
external image RIMG0718.JPG

external image RIMG0715.JPG


We watched a water show and it was very creative and spectacular; but we got a bit wet when the wind blew a bit.

external image RIMG0722.JPG

At dinner, we celebrated my friend Holly’s birthday and another girl in the group called Lilly.


external image RIMG0732.JPG
 
 
Day 4
In the morning we went to the pearl factory. We saw someone open a fresh pearl and at the start she told us to guess how many pearls were in there. I guessed 2 big one but I did not get as when she opened it, it had around 30 something.

external image RIMG0740.JPG


At lunch time every one was eating when Holly’s mum turned the lazy suzy, a plate hit my glass of coke and it spilt all over me. Holly’s mum washed my top which made it more wet. While my mum was looking in our luggage for another clean top.



external image RIMG0746.JPG



Next we went to West Lake, it was quite a long trip. In West Lake we took a boat ride there was very nice scenery. We saw a fish jumped out of the water.


external image RIMG0751.JPG

external image RIMG0763.JPG

After we were walking to dinner , me and Holly found a shop called H & M , we took a photo.

external image RIMG0770.JPG


When we got to the restaurant, I had a really bad pain in my ear, I cried. If I move my jaw, it hurt even more. So I didn’t eat. WE then went to see a show which was exciting and creative.

external image RIMG0773.JPG


After I was much better so my mum bought me MacDonald’s. I eat that in bed at the hotel.
external image RIMG0774.JPG
 
Day 5
Day 4 Wuxi Hangzhou
Next day after having buffet breakfast we headed to a tea farm. There was this man who talked about how tea was good for you and he talked like he was telling a story.

external image RIMG0793.JPG



external image RIMG0810.JPG



external image RIMG0800.JPG


We had 4 hours drive to Nanjing. I slept 2 hours and the other 2 hours, we did karaoke. Lilly, Holly and me sang Do-Re-Mi. Holly and I sang 'I am Australian'. I sang twinkle twinkle little star in chinese and a song about brushing teeth in the tune of this old man in chinese too with my mum.

Next we went to Dr. Sun Yat-Sen's mausoleum, he was the founder of China. We were going to walk to the end and we came to a archway and wen thought it was the end.


external image RIMG0838.JPG

But when we looked at the other side there were 392 more stairs to go up !
external image RIMG0844.JPG

We got up

external image RIMG0846.JPG


We had dinner with my uncle and aunties.

external image RIMG0855.JPG


Then I visited my friend and had a play he gave me 2 gifts.


external image RIMG0877.JPG
 
Day 6
Day 5 - Nanjing & Shanghai
We went to one of the longest bridges in China. It was very windy.
external image RIMG0921.JPG

A group photo of most of the Australians, we missed four however.
external image RIMG0918.JPG

After that we went to a gallery that sells inner paintings. It was my first time that I saw this kind of painting. it is different because there is a glass globe that is hollow inside with an opening the artist has a brush 90 degrees sideways. the artists puts it into the hole and starts to draw backwards on the inside.
external image CIMG0444.JPG
 
Day 7 
In the mroning we got to have a relaxing buffet breakfast and sit with Holly and her mum before leaving for Hong Kong.
external image RIMG0968.JPG



We got onto the plane and I realised that there was no TV, no music and that the plane was so old that it still had ashtrays in it. At Hong Kong it was stormy ( typhoon) so we got delayed 3 hours. I read my whole chapter book; played a few ard games with my mum. The the pilot said we were having take off. A number of planes including ours were on the runway,

external image RIMG0977.JPG


external image RIMG0984.JPG


I was looking forward to leave. My mum said to sleep and when I wake up it will be in in Hong Kong but when I did , my mum said I wasn't and that I was in Xiamen for refueling. We were stuck there for another 2 and a half hours. I was hungry so my mum asked for some bread. . The lady said that they warmed those bread up before and were not allowed to be served. All she could give me were lollies. Then we asked for ice-cream. She said yes and gave me one. We played card games again , we got really bored.

external image RIMG1006.JPG


We finally landed in Hong Kong Airport at half past eleven. We stayed on the same plane, same seat for a total of 10 hours.

No comments:

Trip to Italy June 20th -29th 2022

We waited for more than two years before we could embark on a trip that we had planned in 2020 to celebrate Marina's completion of secon...